Maybe some ground rules, general statements and preemptive apologies etc.are in order? Just to help us all stay on the same page.
* I require regular naps. I am grumpy without normal sleep. And guess what? So are you. We can not do our best work without naps. A napless day is just horrible for everybody. Let's not torture ourselves.
* No peeing on the floor! Or on your food! Or on me! I'm looking at you dude. You know who you are. Now I understand that your body has this neato little hose attached that can shoot water up to five feet away. This is a super cool feature on your body and I get that. However, it is completely gross and makes mommy want to barf when you cross your hands into the stream.
* It would be cool if you would clean up after yourself. See when daddy left for work there was no peanut butter smeared all over the couch and windows, or spaghetti dumped on the floor, or a cheez-its crumbled onto the floor ala Cookie Monster. And just because they are not there when he gets back, doesn't mean they didn't happen. Cause they totally happened.
* Dancing is mandatory. I love dancing with you babies. You are encouraged to call out your own dance party when ever the mood takes you.
* I will happily accept payment in hugs, new words, firsts and kisses. However, if a day comes where this is not sufficiant or I am expected to put in double overtime, I may also require cash and a massage.
* There may be a time when I am not doing a great job. I'm gonna throw it out there that it may even be once or twice (3 times?) a week. While I know that this will be my fault because I am the adult, I might think for a minute that it's your fault. Let's all agree to disagree about it and move on like civilized human beings.
* About that time when I thought you did that thing that you didn't do and you tried to tell me and I wouldn't listen? Sorry about that.
* I love you crazy people. And I always will.
* Oh My GOD Mr. Pants! What are you? Two? Rubbing your peanut butter hands all over your baby sister while trying to smooch her with globs of peanut butter dripping from your mouth is not a good idea bud. Not a good idea. Not at all.
* I will not make you wear clothes all the time, but please, how about some of the time? I'd be nice to have decent pictures of you in your third year of life without having to crop out your bits.
* Listen up, this one's important. Love your mom. Because no one will ever love you the way that she does. Yes you will know great love in your life. But hers will always be a little bit different from the others and in a class of it's own. Not better or worse (ok, maybe a little better). Just unique and unwaivering. Unconditional. A Mama's love is total. And both of you little babes are fiercely loved. So love your mama. Got it?
So now that we've got some rules and random statements to work with, let's get on to tomorrow and rule it. Bring on the sunshine and rainbows, Saturday! The Pants family is ready.