I have written about my journey to fancy. I have lamented my lost fancy. I have made a few strides in the right direction but I'm nowhere near where I want to be. I came across this picture of myself recently and was all, "Damn, I really was fancy!" And I started wondering how it is even possible to get to that feeling again. You know after gaining weight, growing two people inside my body and losing any firmness in my boobs. Seriously, what's fancy about a grapefruit in a tube sock? That's right, I just told you that my boobs sag like crazy. How in the world, for the love of Regis, did I get so from fancy at thirty-six years old that it will take me all year long to regain just a smidgey of that fancy lady over there (never mind how bad I want those arms back). But a pinch is all I need. And maybe that dress back. I mean that dress is probably the fanciest dress this side of anywhere.
Fancy isn't the same for everyone. I mean, sure, sequins and ruby red lips help. And fringe. Fringe makes everything fancy. But fancy is a feeling. It's the confidence and strength that comes from feeling fulfilled. Feeling good. It's guilt free and freeing. It makes you feel alive and reminds you that you are enough. That you can be and fulfill all the goals you set for yourself. And you can do that while wiping butts and picking boogers out of your kid's nose too. We don't have to give up our fancy, because we are parents. Even though sometimes it feels that way.
Here's what you need to know...
1. Every Friday there will be a new story. A new inspiration. I hope that you will consider sending yours. Pretty please! Seriously, you have to.
2. Write whatever you want. However you want. Tell me, what makes you feel fancy? How did you find your fancy? Are you still looking for it? Do you have a secret for finding it?
3. Visuals are encouraged, but not required.
4. When you send a submission, include a bio line or two at the bottom of your post. Example -> "Mama Pants is a mama of two and eats fancy for breakfast. She is also a Midwestern gem. You can find her writing her lil heart out over at www.theadventuresofthefamilypants.com".
5. Contribute as many posts as you want. Long, short, serious, funny, or raunchy. I want it all. I really do.
6. Come back every Friday starting in July for a new post on the Fancy Pants page.
SEND ALL SUBMISSIONS TO: email@example.com
Now what are you waiting for? What makes you feel fancy? I'm dying to know!