I was over-thinking it. Which should come as a surprise to no one. Least of all me. It's how I roll. So this is the new plan. I'm just gonna type and we will just see where it takes us. A little experiment to see what my conclusion is on this topic. You in? Here we go...
1. The answer is absolutely LOVE. There is nothing more important. Nothing more fulfilling. Nothing more integral to my happiness than love. It's love that makes the world go around, you guys. It's love that makes me a better person and love that connects us to each other. Love love love.
2. The answer is definitely LAUGHTER. There is nothing more important or fulfilling than a good belly laugh. We need to laugh. We have to laugh otherwise we'd cry, right?
4. The answer is definitely BOOZE. Who gets through their whole life without needing a beer? Beer is the friend that hangs out in your fridge just waiting for the right time to love on you. No pressure. No expectations. That's a good friend.
5. The answer is COMMUNITY. We don't walk around in a bubble. We aren't floating about on our own islands. We need each other. We need community and connection. And when you have found that you are lucky lucky lucky. Because community can be hard to find. And community can save you.
6. This is going absolutely nowhere. I could list like this for days on end. Shit.
7. The answer is definitely TIME. Because we all know that it will run out. But we have it right now. Why do we waste it? We can't make more time, yet we go about life like we can. Ok, this is it. The best thing in life is TIME. Time to love. Time to laugh. Time to eat the heavenly cupcakes. Time to throw back a beer. Time to be a part of community. It all comes down to time.
The best thing in life is the time we actually have to live this life. The trick is to find ways to honor that time. And to be inside your own life. To be present and actually living. Yep, it sounds cliché. But I have never seen time plow through my life faster than it has since I became a mama. So, time. We can't slow it down and we can't change how much of it there is. But we can use it and be in it. And take solace in the truth that right now this second we still have it. So we can be living and loving and laughing.
Time. Yep, the best thing in life is just time. The trick is to not waste it.
How do you stay inside of your life? How do you honor the time you have?
Thank you Karen for hosting another great swap!
Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts. Go check some out!